The most wonderful time of the year is not always that great for some people. If you are the parent in a marriage that is nearing the legal separation law date from your spouse, in fact, you may be wondering how you will face the New Year. For parents who are dealing with child custody law decisions, adopting a child, a divorce, or another difficult transitions, the holidays are just one more reminder of how challenging life can be. Fortunately, if you make the effort to find the most experienced divorce attorney, adoption lawyer, or family practice attorney you may be better equipped for what this, and future holiday seasons, will be like.
The latest statistics indicate that nearly 30% of failing marriages involve couples who have children under the age of 18. As the legal separation laws apply, there are many decisions that need to be made when children are involved. Custody decisions, visitation rights, and conversations about how children will be transferred from one parent to the next are not always easy, but a legal separation lawyer can help you understand the steps that need to be taken.
Getting Timely Legal Advice Can Make the Most Difficult of Transitions More Bearable
Whether you are searching for a personal injury lawyer after an accident at a local mall or you are in need go legal help with a legal separation law, the sooner you get the help that you need the better. Knowing that you have an experienced lawyer to help answer your questions may not make these transitions easy, but can at least help you know what to expect.
From real estate attorneys to family low attorneys, there are many kinds of professionals who can help their clients navigate challenging situations. Making the right selection of an attorney, however, is very important. Just as you would never go see a dentist about a broken ankle or you would not even consider visiting a auto repair shop for questions about your home HVAC system, it is important to make sure that you find the right person for your legal needs. Many individual lawyers and whole law firms specialize in certain kinds of cases, so it is important that you invest the time in finding the right resource when you are in need of legal advice or services.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when Americans find themselves in ned of an attorney:
- 41% of first marriages end in divorce.
- 60% of second marriages end in divorce.
- 73% of third marriages end in divorce.
- In fact, there are about 876,000 divorces each year in the U.S. alone. That means there is a new divorce happening every 36 seconds.
- More than 1 million children are involved in divorce proceedings every year, so many divorces require careful consideration about child support and visitation rights, issues that are best handled by experienced attorneys.
- Every two minutes, a person is injured in a drunk driving crash, and the majority of these injured parties will need medical attention, sometimes for years. As a result, it is often in your best interest to get legal advice sooner rather than later.
- An average drunk driver has driven drunk 80 times before the first arrest, so it is important to know that these drivers who are caught need to be reminded of the danger of letting the drunk driver go without repercussions.
- The most common personal injury cases include: motor vehicle accidents by 52%, medical malpractice by 15%, and product liability by 5%, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
If you are a spouse who is part of a marriage that is ending in divorce, then it is important for you to get the legal advice you need. If you are a parent in a marriage that is ending in divorce, then it is even more mportant that you find someone who will help you present your case in court. The holidays may be a happy time for many people, but if you find yourself in the middle of a difficult transition this month it is good to know that you have experienced legal advice on your side.
Who do you ask when you need advice?